Founded in 1991 with the goal of being a student-centered university and a leading university in terms of student placement.
With an advanced education system emphasizing foreign language and IT education, Konyang University opens up a new chapter in cultivating global talents through its partnerships with 38 sister universities in 10 countries.
For meeting the demands of internationalization, cultivating global leaders and laying the groundwork for the growing power of the next generation, the Global Communication College (GCC) was specially founded for the development and training in foreign languages. The College fosters foreign-language learning by providing the opportunity to study and live with foreign students, stimulating extensive two-way communication. And the new chapter of cultivating the real global talents can be opened up by elevating job-performance and ability to perform on the spot.
For students, a "Student-centered university"
- Put free health medical examination for all the students of the university into effect in the first 4 years.
- Provides Responsible occupational guidance. (The only Korean university which runs a career education and special career clinic.)
- Provides Free busses.
- Provides dormitory for all the freshman applicants.
"Global University" developing with the world
- Extension of sister-university relationships with excellent universities abroad.
- Academic 3+1 and 2+2 study-abroad programs.
- Annual overseas cultural experience program to cultivate global standard talents.
"Corporate University," a response to society's needs
- Corporate curriculum
- Concentration on the field of IT and TOEIC education
- Use of various study systems
University with thorough education in the humanities
- Humanities education to all the students of the university